Current national planning policy favours development of brownfield sites rather than the green fields surrounding our towns and villages. As a consequence, the acquisition and sale of companies, businesses and all types of property increasingly involves some consideration of environmental and planning law issues.
We can offer expert advice and guidance in relation to the following:
- Submitting and advising generally upon planning permission applications for all types of developments
- Enforcement Action taken by Local Planning Authorities in respect of unauthorised development
- Contaminated land and the statutory responsibilities for its decontamination
- Waste Management Licensing matters, including formulating application for Licences and advising on Waste Management offences, for example Farm Waste Management Plans.
- Section 106 Agreements including agreements imposing local occupancy and agricultural restrictions on the use of property
- The Environment Agency’s Flood Zone classifications and their impact upon property and its development
- Highway Agreements facilitating the adoption of new roads as highways maintainable at the public’s expense
- Sewer and Drainage Agreements securing their adoption by the relevant Water Authority
- Applications for Certificates of Lawfulness
- Stopping Up and Diversion Orders of public footpaths and bridleways
- Tree Preservation Orders
- Water Pollution for example Duties of Landowners to Avoid Pollutants Entering Watercourses.
For further information on any of the above services please contact Lowri Rees or Paul Ingram on