WYRO is a leading home builder with developments in Mid Wales and on the Welsh border of Powys and Shropshire. Innovative technology coupled wih specialist design all adds to Wyro's reputation for developments which enhance their communities.
Harrisons have acted for Wyro since its formation. In 2006 Wyro instructed Harrisons to advise them in the acquisition of a 72 plot development site in Newtown from the Welsh Assembly Government. Harrisons dealt with all legal aspects of the purchase from the legal investigation of title satisfying Lender's requirements and reporting to Wyro.
By establishing a clear understanding of Wyro's construction plans and timetable Harrisons were able to highlight and overcome a number of difficulties on the site including:
- securing alternative arrangements for the connection of the site to the mains sewerage system. The existing drains leading to the site had not been adopted by Severn Trent. Further investigations revealed that the potential cost of bringing them to adoption standards required Wyro to make alternative plans which included the negotiation of fresh rights to lay a new line of sewer pipes and reduction in teh purchase price to cover the cost of such sewers.
- identifying a discrepancy between the title plans and the site boundaries where a neighbour had extended his garden onto the site. The area of land in question was crucial to the site access and early identification of the issue enabled the issue to be addressed with the neighbour and resolved to both parties satisfaction.
- Negotiating the Covenants that the Welsh Assembly Government sought to impose on Wyro. The original covenants would have caused practical difficulties with the development of the site to Wyro's requirements.
Following completion of the purchase Harrisons have worked with Wyro to set up the site for development and plot sales. This has included:
- the preparation of standard contract packs for plot sales
- dealing with all plot sales
- advising on planning obligations
- advising on agreements to secure the adoption of the site roads
- liaising with Utility providers concerning the site connections and takeover of the electricity sub-station.
A close working relationship between the Wyro and Harrisons teams from the aquisition of the site has helped to contribute to Wyro's success by ensuring a smooth legal transition from the purchase of the site to the sale of housing to satisfied customers.
For further information on the service we could provide for you contact Harrisons Commercial Property Team of Paul Ingram, Lowri Rees or Julie Trimble on 01938 552545 or Huw Williams on 01686 625134.